Saturday, November 23, 2013

Next Steps

As you know I have been fighting cancer for 16 months, so pretty much a year and a half.  My whole life has been focused on "my life" and dealing with cancer. Whether it was tests or doctors appointments or treatments, it has been all consuming.  Now as of last month, I am "cancer free" well I have 4 years of meds still to take and countless tests and monitoring, but cancer free. 

What does that mean? Am I just to get over it and say, oh well that was a hell of a year. I don't want to focus on the negative, but how do you just get over it and move forward.  I want to honour myself and respect all that I have dealt with. I want to be proud of myself.  Some days will be good and some days will be bad but that is about as normal as you can get.  

Like beating cancer I can't do it alone.  It is still a challenge for me to ask for help. So starting next week I will be seeing a counsellor. I have made the appointment this is going to help me process all that has been the last year. I am proud of me and


I WILL FIGHT FOR ME

No comments:

Post a Comment