Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Quite Irony

So my whole life I have struggled with body image and weight.  While I started my journey to a healthier fitter life a little while ago.  It's not like you turn on a light and oh ya I get it and then your the perfect health and weight.  It's a slow process and lucky me gets to do it and fight cancer to.  But it is something that has become probably the most important.  You can't fight cancer unless you put yourself and your health first. 

When I found out about the cancer my trainer "Adam" said it was time to working harder and get stronger.  He was right!  I worked out harder made better food decisions before the surgery and my surgeon was very happy with the results.  But the road I was to travel is no where near finished.  My pathology came back and yup next step was chemo and hard core chemo I tested positive for everything.  Again lucky me!

Yes Chemo bad but not the end.  Chemo will be how I survive the cancer but how well is up to me.  NO it's not easy and NO it's not something I would ever wish on anyone.

AS a result I decided to create a list "Good things about Chemo"  I know I must face all the challenges of this journey with my best foot and it's the positive foot, sound funny I know.

The first item on my list and maybe the best one.  If there is ever a moment in your life when most people would give you free pass on food it is when you tell people you have cancer.  Next thing that happens they want to take you for a meal and try and comfort you. Yes I know nice.   So now for the first time in my life I can can have anything I want to eat, and guess what, chemo makes everything taste gross.  So your know that light and process I am working on, well it just got brighter.  My heath and weight it's not about the food it's never been about the food.  It's about my interpretation of the food.

Quite Irony, number one on the list.

I WILL FIGHT FOR ME

No comments:

Post a Comment