Wednesday, January 16, 2013

More good things about chemo

Funny, I never would have thought chemo would teach me so much about myself.  In myself and what I accept for me. 

As you know I have been working on getting to a healthier place with myself.  Mostly on my bike and the gym at work,  but diet really.  With the changes In my body with regards to taste I no longer hide in food.  It no longer has that feel of satisfaction; some food make me actually sick, some have a chemical reaction that makes them taste rude.  NO MORE endorphins :(

Whole real food tastes good or has no flavour just texture.  As a result, chemo has moved me along the self food awareness road.  It may have taken years to get to where I am now.  I now see how much food I was really eating the amount and the size.

I am now eating so healthy we laugh at dinner at what I could justify before.  I would never wish chemo on any one but it sure moved me to a new better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment