Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Jeez I hate Cancer

So I saw my radiation oncologist yesterday. She confirmed I have lymphadema in my breast and chest. So what does that mean. Well my right boob that I had had the tumor and cancer, which I got ready to deal with it being small than the left one, is currently larger.  It is swollen and very sore. I get to massage it every night and fingers crossed in 6 months it should be better. The skin texture will take 2 to 3 years to go back to normal.

Strangely what bothers me most is when people find out I have breast cancer than stare at my chest, you can almost here them say it out loud, then why do you still have boobs. I will not apologize for having cancer or how I look. God someday's it feels like I have been doing that my whole life in one way or other. Afraid of people and what they think of me. I know crazy, but no more, this is me. Uneven, swollen and cancer kicking me.

Cancer is such a test of everything I have ever dealt with and then some. The next person you talk to who has cancer or even if they don't be kind they are dealing with allot of shit.


I WILL FIGHT FOR ME

No comments:

Post a Comment