Friday, August 16, 2013

The Ride Done and Dusted

Last weekend was the Ride to Conquer Cancer - it's 5th year and I have done all of them. This year was different.  It was a year less two days since I was diagnosed with breast cancer.  I had the honour and privilege to be the ride survivor speaker at the opening ceremonies.  Yup I was a little freaked to speak to that large of a crowd, no hiding now, shit!

We had rehearsal on the Friday night before and I got through it, the MC Brian is a very kind man who's support and friendship have been outstanding.  Saturday morning OMG crowded.  Huge emotional moment but also cathartic.  It's interesting when you say things out loud, releasing them to the universe. They become over the top real but at the same time less scary. Just one more example of how the light and knowledge is how we will survive cancer and fingers crossed we will beat it.


this is me http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G428ko9LTY

I WILL FIGHT FOR ME

No comments:

Post a Comment