Monday, November 19, 2012

Expectations

Expectations - funny things expectations they are very personal and we rarely share what are expectations are to the people closest to us. In the business world they are very clear; you pay for a service and you get the service in return, expectation met. We wake up each day and expect to put our feet on the floor and carry out of day like we planned. We expect that cities and towns will protect it's people and we are still surprised when they don't.
 
Expectations on a more personal note can be considered our wishes and dreams. We see a dress we like and expect it will look great on ourselves and are surprised even disappointed when it doesn't. We meet people we like and set expectations on how they will see us and like us having never said a word.
 
To have the world meet to exceed our expectation we need to share and we honest with ourselves and the world. No this doesn't mean you don't still have dreams and wishes you can still keep them in your heart where all dreams come true. But in the real world to have your expectations we also need to see ourselves as they are with honest eyes and an open heart. This is the part I am learning to do. To see the cancer for what it is and to fight for me in a way that is real and possible. So this week I start chemo and I expect I will get sick for a while but in the end I will survive this as just another event or adventure, where I have met and exceeded my own expectations.
 
I WILL FIGHT FOR ME

No comments:

Post a Comment