Sunday, November 11, 2012

The Start of my Journey



Why should any one care what I write about, I don't but to help someone anyone is indeed a goal. My goal is to be more than I am today. To always learn and move forward. Until 6 weeks ago I though I was the healthiest I have been my whole life and then the floor dropped away.


That truly is the only way to describe being told you have breast cancer. You think you know how you will react and then it never really does that way.


I decided I would put my best foot forward and actually prepare for surgery. I was inspired by the phrase said by my friend Adam "today we work harder, today we get stronger"


So I did, increased my workouts and increased the weights I was lifting. And this was good the surgeon said he wished everyone got ready like it did. Surgery went well they removed the tumor and 5 lymph nodes, and no drainage tubes (very happy). When I took my bandages off I found a happy face done by the surgeon and it was perfect, made me laugh and the scars didn't seem as bad. This might not work for everyone but it was perfect for me.


Now that surgery was done I just had to wait for all the pathology to come back, I knew I had breast cancer and was told what my next steps would be. Silly me was thinking just a round of radiation and we would be good to go.


In the mean time went on vacation to Austin Texas. It was one of my goals to ride in the LiveStrong bike ride. Actually hugely important. You start to think better do this now cause we are not really sure if we will get the chance again. Money, time, and health, all play a part in the opportunity to ride. I was so very glad I did! A very special thanks to Andrey Sokolov for making my trip more than it could ever had been alone.  Best tour guide and the most interesting man in Austin.

No comments:

Post a Comment